Your time, your money–earn what you’re worth with the Northwest Carpenters Union.
I’ve been doing this for years–why join a union now?
Because we believe you should be paid what you are owed. We also believe that union membership is the pathway to a better life–a life where every member:
- Enjoys the opportunity for boundless career advancement and growth
- Has access to continued education and training through our self-funded training centers
- Has the ability to earn equal pay for equal work
- Takes pride in the dignity and value of his or her work
- Can be part of something transformative
- Can take control of his or her future
What is the union all about?
At our core, we are a worker advocate organization with over 29,000 members across Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming. We oversee worker rights, fair pay, safe worksites, retirement and benefits, and continued training for all our members.
One Trade, Many Crafts
As a carpenter, you don’t just work with wood. Our trade includes several crafts, including general carpenters (concrete forms to finish work), interior systems carpenters, lathers, millwrights, piledrivers, divers, floor covering experts, insulators, tradeshow workers, scaffold erectors, millworkers, cabinet makers, residential carpenters, shipwrights, sawyers, production and maintenance, and welders.
Ready to become a union carpenter? Get started today and apply at the Montana and Wyoming Carpenters Apprenticeship and Training Center